The P6 Responsible Manager assigned to a project is selected from the list created in the OBS table and decides who has access to a project and what level of access they have.
P6 Version 21 and earlier kept the same Responsible Manager when coping and pasting a project.
P6 Version 22 introduced a new Responsible Manager option in the User Preferences, Assistance tab for the assignment of the Responsible Manager to a copied project, allowing each user to two options for the OBS, either:
- Keep the old assignment, as per earlier versions, or
- Adopt the new parent assignment.
Often neither the parent assignment or keeping the original assignment are a logical option and the option to select a new code when pasting a project is not available.
Eastwood Harris Resources
Accelerate your understanding of scheduling software to advance your scheduling career and be able to prepare better schedules with Eastwood Harris books, training courses and online videos on the following software packages:
- Microsoft Project,
- Oracle Primavera P6 and
- Elecosoft (Asta) Powerproject
Online video training is available through Udemy through following these links:
Please follow these links:
- Eastwood Harris books and training materials are available here https://www.eh.com.au.
- Eastwood Harris inhouse, one-to-one and public training courses are offered through Primaskills Pty Ltd, more details here>>>>.
- Resources for Oracle Primavera P6 users such as third party software that works with P6 and technical papers on Primavera P6 at https://primavera.com.au/.
Paul E Harris
Director Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd
21 June 2023