Oracle Primavera releases new updates most months, and this page outlines how the P6 Version 22 Multiple Activity Views Displayed Side by Side function operates.
This is one of the more useful enhancements introduced with P6 Version 22 and allows the two Activities windows open at the same time, side by side or one above the other.
There is an additional option in the Project menu titled Additional Activities View:, clicking on this command will open a second window:
The two Activity views may then be displayed side by side or one above the other and resized using the toolbar icons New Vertical Tab Group and New Horizontal Tab Group. The Merge All Tab Groups will set the screen back to displaying one window:
The Oracle description was not clear to me, but I found by experiment that:
- Each window may have a different Layout and thus formatted separately.
- Each window may be printed separately by clicking in the window to be printed.
- The Schedule Options and Schedule Check Report options may not be different for each view and scheduling one view will schedule both views.
- What surprised me is that I was unable to create relationships from an activity in one window to an activity in the second which would be very useful in large projects.
Eastwood Harris Resources
Accelerate your understanding of scheduling software to advance your scheduling career and be able to prepare better schedules with Eastwood Harris books, training courses and online videos on the following software packages:
- Microsoft Project,
- Oracle Primavera P6 and
- Elecosoft (Asta) Powerproject
Online videos available through Udemy by following these links:
Please follow these links:
- Eastwood Harris books and training materials are available here https://www.eh.com.au
- Eastwood Harris inhouse, one-to-one and public training courses are offered through Primaskills Pty Ltd, more details here>>>>.
Paul E Harris
Director Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd
16 May 2023