Reducing Column Widths in MS Project
It is useful to reduce the width of columns so more data may be displayed on screen and in printouts.
There are several ways to reduce column widths via MS Project Settings:
- To prevent the Task Name from indenting, select the Tools, Options…, View tab and uncheck the Indent name option.
- To reduce the width of the Duration column, select the Tools, Options…, Edit tab and under View options for time units in ‘Project 1’:
- Minutes:, Hours:, Days:, Weeks:, Months:, Years: – From the drop-down boxes, select your preferred designators for these units. Change “days” to “d” and “hr” to “h” to make the duration columns narrower.
- Add space before label – Places a space between the value and the label; uncheck this to make duration columns narrower.
- Change the column title from Duration to Dur:
- Change the date format to a shorter format in the Tools, Options…, View tab.